Friday, November 27, 2015

Delicious Recipes that are Good for Your Brain

The recipes in Rebecca Katz's new book are amazing. If you think healthy food is tasteless, try these. The recipes range from salads, main courses, desserts and soups to salad dressings, snacks and anytime foods like salmon scramble, one of my family's favorites. I've tried several of these recipes, and I know I'll keep using them.

The book also has a excellent section on the research into the relationship between the brain and food. The author pulls together a number of sources and makes them easy to understand. The topics range from stress, anxiety and depression to memory, cognition and learning. I try to keep up on brain science, but I learned a lot from this overview.

Another excellent section is the Culinary Pharmacy. Katz lists foods ranging from things I'm familiar with like almonds and potatoes to more unusual foods like quinoa and allspice. The entries list which mental functions are helped most by the food and gives a short paragraph on why the food is good for your brain.

I highly recommend this cookbook. The recipes are easy to prepare, don't take much time, and best of all they're delicious.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for a review.



No comments:

Post a Comment