Thursday, October 20, 2016

Easy to Make Delicious Southwestern Recipes

If you enjoy Southwestern food, this is a cookbook you need to add to your collection. The recipes include appetizers, breads, soups, salads and main dishes. There are also desserts and rice and pasta dishes. Before each section, the author discusses some history of the recipes. Knowing where the recipes originated was very informative.

The book opens with a short discussion of ingredients and preparations. The section on chilies is excellent. I’m not a particular fan of really hot chilies, so it was helpful to know how to choose the more mild ones. There is also an extensive discussion of how to parch fresh chilies. It seems quite easy when described by Jane, but I suspect it takes some practice.

My favorite Southwestern food is guacamole. I checked out the recipes, of which there are several. My favorite is Perfect Guacamole. It’s delicious and Jane has a good tip at the end. Sprinkle some ascorbic acid mixture on the guacamole to keep it from turning brown.

I highly recommend this book if you enjoy Southwestern food.

I received this book from Turner Publishing for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment