Tuesday, October 18, 2016

An Informative Guide To A Little Known Region Producing French Wines

The Faugeres appellation refers to the wines produced by a collection of seven villages. I’m familiar with several of the wine growing regions in France, but I had not come across Faugeres. Apparently, many people in the United States are also unfamiliar with these wines. I selected this book because I wanted to learn more about this region.

I wasn’t disappointed. The book is beautifully written and very informative. Starting with a description of the region, it makes you feel that you are taking a trip through a beautiful and interesting area. In addition, the author describes the history of the region.

Each village is discussed not only from the scenery, but from the the wines that grow there and how they differ. It’s a very comprehensive treatment telling not only what wines are produced by each chateau, but also how the winemakers approached the task of making fine wines.

If you’re interested in wine, I highly recommend this book. It made me want to visit the region, walk the hills,
and sample the wines.

I received this book from Net Galley for this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment