Monday, June 10, 2013

Remembering Fathers: Imagining the Future by Carolyn Howard-Johnson and Magdalena Ball

It's easy to remember our mother's, but sometimes our fathers, perhaps more distant, slip into the past. I loved this collection. Carolyn Howard-Johnson and Magdalena Ball bring back those precious moments with fathers. In the images, you feel the silent memories and see glimpses of the fathers these daughters remember.

I particularly loved Carolyn short poem, “Remembered for His Smile.” It could have been about my father except he smoked cigars.

A line from “Father Earth” in Magdalena Ball's collection resonated with me, “it's hard to be a father these days.” It is hard to be a father, so it's especially important to take time to think about those important men in our lives.


3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I'm so appreciative that you take time to support your fellow authors. I'll enter your blog address along with the link into the thank you portion of my SharingwithWriters newsletter. My subscribers see how important it is for this kind of support but they also get resources for their own networking--like this Author Spotlight blog.

    Big thank yous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nancy - really appreciate your support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, wonderful review of Imagining the Future. It sounds like the perfect gift for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete