Monday, June 2, 2014

Scrumptious Recipes with a Southern Touch

I know when I've found a good cookbook. I feel like I've gained ten pounds just reading the recipes. LeAnn Rice's The Loving Kitchen qualifies. The pictures are tantalizing, and it makes your mouth water to read the ingredients. I'm a little prejudiced because many of the recipes feature cheese, and I love cheese.

The recipes cover all aspects of meal preparation from salad and soup to main dishes and desserts. I particularly like the section on breads. I tried the scones and muffins. They were a big hit with my family.

The only qualification I have is that the recipes are heavy on cheese, butter, and all the gooey things that make food fun to eat. However, if you're dieting, you may want to use these recipes sparingly. As LeAnn points out some recipes should be reserved for company only.

I also enjoyed her commentary. Food is a loving way to show your family how much you care. I highly recommend this book.


I reviewed this book for BookLook Bloggers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment