Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Tribute to People Who Influenced His Life


How many of us know people who touched our lives, some we see in person, others are people who influenced us from afar, but they all left their mark on us? Calvin Miller has a wonderful idea. Tell them how much they meant. They're all in heaven. He hopes to meet them there, but sometimes the hardest things to say when you're face to face are the things that matter most. Calvin's solution was to write letters to the important people in his life. It's something we could all do.

I loved the letters, some made me cry, but they all made me think. Some of the people Calvin wrote to like CS Lewis and Madeleine L'Engle, are people who were important to many of us because of their writings. Others are people we too would like to thank, like Todd Beamer who inspired all of us with his “Let's Roll.”

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone who has people in their life they'd like to remember. I may even try writing some of my own “Letters to Heaven.”

I reviewed the book for PR By the Book. Letters to Heaven: Reaching Beyond the Great Divide by Calvin Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment