Thursday, October 13, 2011

Good Message for Young Women



Larissa D. Jean speaks directly to young women wondering if marriage is in their future. The message is excellent: God has a plan for everyone, however it takes patience for the plan to be revealed because God's timetable is not ours. Larissa shares her personal experience of waiting for a godly husband with candor and humor.

I liked the books message. Larissa openly shares herself with her readers and gives good advice, always acknowledging that it's not easy to wait patiently. I loved the section on her bridesmaid experiences. I only wish they had been filled in with more details. I thought that section of the book was short changed and if done well would have made the narrative sparkle.

I also liked the workbook section at the end of each chapter. It allows the reader to make the book her own. However, there were some problems with the book. It was very repetitious. The author gave essentially the same advice in each chapter. I also felt that more detail on the author's experiences would have given us a better picture of her and let us get to know her better.

I recommend this book for young women worried about getting married. It provides a look at how a godly young woman finds the patience to wait for God's timetable.

I reviewed this book as part of the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment