Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Relationship Between the Bible and the Founder's Beliefs


The American Patriot's Bible is a wealth of information on the founding of the nation ranging from the Revolution through the Civil War and paying tribute to more recent great Americans. This Bible makes it very clear that the men who founded our country and those who fought to keep it free and guarantee the rights of all men were Christians who used the Bible to express profound thoughts.

Not only are interesting articles interspersed throughout out the Bible text, but many pages have inserts giving quotes that relied on those passages. I found these extremely interesting. Many of them I had never heard before, but it made me realize how well our ancestors knew the Bible and how important it was in their lives and thoughts.

I am particularly happy to have the King James Version. For me, it's closer to history. I highly recommend The American Patriot's Bible. It would make a wonderful gift for anyone interested in the relationship between our founding fathers and their reliance on Christian principles. This Bible is a magnificent work and can become a family heirloom. I will treasure my copy.

I reviewed this Bible as part of the Thomas Nelson Booksneeze Program.


No comments:

Post a Comment