Tuesday, September 17, 2019

A Year’s Worth of Finding Jesus in the Bible



Jesus lives throughout the Bible although we, as Christians, often think primarily of the New Testament. In this devotional, Kaselonis shows in 365 devotions how Jesus appears in both the Old and New Testaments. There are many passages in the Old Testament where the text points to Jesus. Reading the passages in the order of the books of the Bible shows how the texts point to the Jesus of the New Testament.

If you’re looking for a devotional that leads you through the Bible in a year, this is an excellent choice. The devotional moves through the Bible day by day. Each page contains a verse of scripture at the top and a discussion. There is also a note from the author at the end of each day that brings the reading a personal, uplifting note.

The devotional is one of the best I’ve found for reading through the Bible in a year. I like the focus on Jesus. I found him in more places than I realized in the Old Testament. I highly recommend this book. It will give your Bible study a new focus for the year.

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment