Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A Devotional Based on the Lord’s Prayer


This devotional invites you to immerse yourself in the Lord’s Prayer for 40 days. It’s a challenge worth taking. The book is structured so that each line of the Lord’s Prayer is accompanied by a meditation, often based on the author’s personal experiences. This is followed by a number of one line prayers and abstract illustrations.

The meditations cause you to think and evaluate you own life in relation to the Lord’s prayer. However, I think the best part is the single line prayers. Some like, “May I take joy in what it costs me to share my life with those I love.” stick with you. I think about that one frequently.

I’m not as sure about the pictures. They are representational, designed to enhance the prayer experience, but I found many of them difficult to understand and relate to. However, the rest of the book is excellent. I recommend it as another devotional to add to your collection.

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment