Friday, July 31, 2009

Everyday Greatness: Principles Count


Inspirational, compelling, a great read for our times: these are some of the ways people describe “Everyday Greatness.” I think it's more than that. It offers a glimpse, through a series of stories and quotes of people who live by their principles. Today, I think we need these insights as much, or more than ever. If everyone worked on making their lives meaningful through the steps outlined in this book, the world would be a much better place.

I was delighted by the stories of Abraham Lincoln. He was unquestionably one of our greatest leaders. He, as we do today faced almost insurmountable problems, but his principles were strongly engraved in his heart. He acted on them. I wish I thought more people today acted on their principles. I found it extremely refreshing to read story after story about average people who have faced crises with fortitude because of their belief in doing the right thing.

For most of us, this is not a book to read straight through, like a novel. This is a book to savor. It's a book to look into for inspiration when times are tough. I cherish my copy. I will keep it to give me inspiration through all the difficult times of life.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy:

    Thanks for bringing this book to my attention. It is now on my must read list.


    Regards,
    Donna
    Children’s Author
    Write What Inspires You Blog
    Donna M. McDine’s Website

    ReplyDelete