Friday, August 28, 2020

For Horse Lovers and Those Who Want to Be

 

I have been around horses most of my life so this book resonated with my experiences. I loved it. The writing is excellent, but the stories are even better. The author has bonded with horses from when she was very small and her parents tried to curb her energy with riding lessons. She tells her stories with wit and does a great job of introducing the horses with all the interesting personality quirks.



The book is separated into chapters each one designated by the name of a horse that Nir knew and how it changed her life in delightful ways. I loved the opening story about her trials learning to ride on a horse named Guernsey. The tale of a huge horse and a little girl is very entertaining.


One of my favorite stories was about a black couple, Gorge and Ann Blair who gave black kids from the inner city a chance to be with horses. Besides stories, the book gives information about many aspects of the horse business from show horses to rodeo roping.


If you want to know more about horses, this is a good place to start. You can learn a lot and the stories will make you want to go out and meet some horses.


I received this book from Net Galley for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment