Saturday, January 14, 2023

A Nutritional Diet for Middle-Aged Women

 


Dr. Mary Claire Haver, an OB/Gyn, specializes in the problems of menopausal women specifically their nutritional needs. She developed the Galveston Diet based on her own problemss and has found that it helps many other women.


The three prongs of the diet are: diet modification to include healthy fats, some lean protein, and good carbohydrates; intermittent fasting, basically eating in a six to eight hour window and fasting for sixteen to eighteen hours; and limiting sugar and processed foods. Dr. Claire provides food lists, and recipes to help achieve these goals. The book also contains scientific discussions to give you an understanding of why the diet works. Although technical, the discussions are clear and readable.


I thought this was an excellent plan for women both pre- and post- menopause. I have been eating this way for years, including intermittent fasting and for me it works like a charm. I combine it with regular exercise, and it’s perfect to maintain my weight where I’m happy with it.


I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment