Thursday, March 31, 2022

Fabulous Fantasy Coloring Book

 


Rosanes has produced perhaps his most beautiful coloring book yet. The incredibly detailed drawings are alive with dragons, beautiful damsels, and other mythic creatures. The pages are heavy paper which should take most media without bleeding through. However, I’d test your drawing instruments on a corner to make sure. Many of the drawings run over two pages, but that shouldn’t be an insurmountable problem.


The book begs for color. I’m not particularly artistic, but each page makes me feel like I can add some beauty to the drawings. I particularly like the description of the myths at the end of the book. The myths are gathered from around the world from Greenland to Egypt. I was unfamiliar with most of the myths, so I learned something. Learning about the myths made the pictures come to life.


I received this book from Penguin Random House for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment